Monday, June 2, 2008

Canoeing

We went to the Buffalo this weekend, which was fun (but would certainly have been more fun if someone hadn't backed out. M.) The water was high, and the canoeing was fun. I think I'm getting better at it, partly because I'm not so worried about dumping the boat and partly because I have these new magical water shoes. I don't have the best balance, and these shoes keep me from falling down so much. 

Serious water at the end of our run. It was awesome, and I'm proud of Sam's and my communication through the whole thing. He's a good instructor. 

On the second night, I slept on the hammock. It's super comfortable, even if you're a restless sleeper. I got through the night pretty well: I only fell out once.

And then there's coming home. It always feels good to come home, as clichéd as that might be. I think we'll go canoeing again weekend after next.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Good instructors are only good if they have good students. And you may just become Plato to my Aristotle pretty soon, here.

Melissa said...

Touche. We'll plan another trip when J-P is back in town, promise.