I've been working on a loose menu for Saturday--hard to believe it's almost here--and we're having fish and pork, with a couple of dessert-type things that I'm getting at Marché. I know I've talked to some of you about bringing side dishes, and it would be great, fantastic, really, to get some contributions. We're going with a contemporary American style, so nothing especially fancy. Here's a list that might inspire you:
- Cheese and crackers, dip and crudités, or some other kind of appetizer thing
- Artichokes
- Asparagus
- Pasta for a potential pasta course
- Potatoes or rice
- Salad
- Spinach
These are just a few seasonal ideas I've hard, but I'm in no way committed to them. We're having 22 people, and it's my hope that we'll experience what I'm calling "the pot-luck phenomenon," in which people bring the amount they want to and we end up having more than enough.
Just let me know in the comments section here what you'd like to bring (if you're planning to bring something, which don't feel pressured to do so at all), and it'll be like a conversation instead of a blind groping for a plan. Finally, it would not be a tragedy to have more than one of any dish.
Thank you, our friends.
Addendum: Many of you are already playing another role or bringing something else--please don't think of this plea as yet another thing you feel you should do.
5 comments:
I was already planning to bring spinach artichoke dip as an appetizer, and I am happy to provide salad as well, if needed.
I can take care of the potato / rice salad. I'm thinking rice, or maybe orzo? Any ingredients you or Sam particularly like or hate? (No cumin or broccoli, I know.)
we will bring a corn casserole
m&s
also, K, we have a whole bunch of mini-quiches in the freezer. we're happy to contribute those as an app, although they would probably require use of your oven so they're hot. let me know if you're interested.
M--Orzo sounds great. I can't think of other particular likes or dislikes beyond the ones you mentioned. I don't think we'll need the quiches, but thanks!
M and S--corn casserole goes on the list now, too.
TT--you know I love that dip. I think I'll just put together a simple salad here.
Post a Comment