This afternoon, however, I talked to a Verizon CSR (Paul something) who not only was able to answer my questions clearly, but also was able to make (most of) the changes I requested to our bill and our account. I'm satisfied. It's an anomaly, yes, but finally, I encountered a competent, helpful CSR. Cheers to you, Paul Verizon.
****
In other news, I'm ready for the Democrats to choose a contender. Prior to the Florida and Michigan primaries, the DNC made it clear to everyone that they didn't count. For Florida, Sen. Clinton even signed a contract agreeing that Florida votes were moot and that the state wouldn't contribute delegates to the candidates' totals. In Michigan, her name was the only name on the ballot. Although she and her campaign may wish the Florida and Michigan votes held significance, they don't, really.
By no metric is she ahead. More than anything, though, I wonder why it isn't more of a problem that she's trying to go back on the agreements. Surely that's more troubling than Obama saying that the government has caused people to feel embittered about its ability to serve them. Even if he is an elitist, why don't people want their president to represent the best qualities of America?
President Bush appeared on Deal or No Deal on Monday. Reportedly, the show tied its worst ratings for Monday nights. Even Vonnegut couldn't have made that up.
No comments:
Post a Comment