Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A few fires extinguished

After some time the corner, the computer seems to be working better. My space bar is a little wonky, but if that's the deal, I'm fine with it.

Money-wise, it looks as though the financial aid people are going to come through after all. If I had known before the summer award letter came, however, it would have been nice.

At any rate, class yesterday was less than exciting, and I finally dinged a student for resting her head, perhaps sleeping, by asking her a direct question about the reading. When she said she didn't know, I told her that when one is awake, one tends to have more ideas about what's going on in class. So I probably won't teach that Flannery O'Connor essay again. 

Third, my exam has been pushed back by at least a week (provisionally April 17), which takes some of the pressure off. 

Which leads me to my question of the day: do any of you (you few, you happy few) have a system for keeping track of books? I would have sworn that I have Kittler's discourse book, but it would seem that I don't and have never checked it out from the bookstore. Is that possible?

How do you keep track of what you have? Or do my diamond shoes hurt too much?

No comments: